Treatment That Fits Your Lifestyle
You've just heard the three words that every teen in Rapid City dreads: “YOU NEED BRACES!” Don't worry! Braces aren't nearly as bad as you think.
All About Teen Orthodontics
Braces come in a variety of styles, materials, and colors, making life with braces much easier, more comfortable, and even more stylish than in the past. Newer treatment options, like the variety of clear aligners we offer at Rapid City Orthodontics, provide low-profile alignment solutions that are sure to make you smile.
Experienced orthodontists like Dr. Hudson can easily recognize issues with spacing, crowding, bite, and alignment during this age range. Your teen’s bone and jaw structure are developed enough at this point to allow orthodontic treatment to begin.
Signs Your Teen Needs Treatment
If you notice any of the following issues, we recommend a free consultation with Dr. Hudson at Rapid City Orthodontics, since they could be signs your teen would benefit from orthodontic treatment.
- Early, late, or irregular loss of their baby teeth
- Difficulty with chewing or biting
- Crowding or extra spacing between teeth
- Jaws that shift or make sounds
- Frequent biting of the cheek or the inside of the mouth
- Teeth that meet abnormally or not at all
- Jaws and teeth that are out of proportion to the rest of the face
- Protrusion of teeth
Diagnosing and successfully treating certain bite problems can have short-term and long-term benefits for teens around the Black Hills.
Problems classified as “bad bites” can often be minimized with the proper orthodontic treatment, including:
- Crooked or crowded teeth
- Missing or extra teeth
- An overbite or underbite
- Incorrect jaw position
- A disorder of the jaw joint
Benefits of a Straight Smile
The benefits of orthodontic treatment are more than cosmetic. Health benefits include:
- Being less prone to wear and tear, chipping, and tooth trauma
- Being easier to keep clean, helping to prevent tooth decay and cavities
- Reducing the chances of developing gum disease, which can result in bone loss, decay, and tooth loss
- Improving proper chewing and digestion of food
Choose Your Treatment
After evaluating your teen’s smile, Dr. Hudson may recommend orthodontic treatment.
Treatment options include:
Bulky braces are a thing of the past. At Rapid City Orthodontics, we use lightweight traditional metal and Damon Self-Ligating Brackets, making your experience more comfortable.
Also known as clear braces, these work the same way as metal braces, but feature brackets that blend in with your teen’s smile.
Invisalign® or Spark for Teens
The Invisalign system is made up of a series of fully customized, clear aligners. These can straighten your teen’s smile without any metal or wires.
FAQs About Teen Orthodontics
Make an Investment in Your Teen’s Smile Today
During your free consultation, Dr. Hudson will be happy to discuss the benefits of treatment, as well as, the risk of putting it off.
Orthodontic treatment at Rapid City Orthodontics is an investment in your child’s future, and we can’t wait to help you get started!